Monday, April 14, 2014

Peek at my Week/ Five for Friday/ Wrapping up last week!


I neglected my poor little blog all weekend... so this is going to be the biggest mash-together you've ever seen! Haha! Get ready, we're going to be bouncing all over the place!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
 
First, my Five for Friday!
 
1. We found out this weekend if my brother and sister-in-law are having a boy or girl for baby #2!
 
I was team boy...
 
 

 
This was team pink..
 

 
 
They won!!

 
Even though I was not correct, I'm still so excited we are having a healthy niece!
 
2. My cousin got married this weekend!
 
 
Their wedding was beautiful!
 
Are you getting why I haven't posted all weekend?!
 
Haha!
 
3.  We got new mulch on our playground last week! We finally are able to have outdoor recess, well.. except it's supposed to rain today and SNOW tomorrow. Boo. But anyways.. one of the kids dug this out of the new mulch!
 
Oops!
 
4.  Remember the freebie I posted last week?! OOPS! There was a major typo... I wrote TRUCK instead of TREE!
And NOBODY TOLD ME.
Seriously.
My kids told me.
Lol!
Most of my creations happen anywhere from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. when my little guy is asleep and I'm using clothespins to keep my eyes open. I'm SO SORRY for the EMBARRASSING TYPO!
But it's fixed! Just click below!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8jWcDxxuDGZWFka1RhdFJBcWM/edit?usp=sharing
 
 
 5. I have been so excited with the kids' writing progress! It always seems like this is the time of year where I finally see their progress soar! Here are a few samples from last week after we read Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs!
 


 

Last week, we worked on our awesome Problem Solving Super Stars unit! We will be continuing this unit for the new few weeks!

Here's a peek at the front of their folder...
 
The inside and back pocket where they will keep their work and I will take grades.
 
This is their flipbook that is kept in the front pocket. These are the 5 strategies we use to solve problems!

A peek inside the flipbook..
 
These are also kept in the front pocket. These are signal words we read/hear in a word problem to help us know to add or subtract.

I keep all of the folders in a bucket to pass out each day. 
 
Last week we completed the first 3 strategies. Each strategy has a booklet that contains 5 problems that we solved using that strategy. Here's a peek!


The kids are LOVIN' this unit!

http://www.mrswillskindergarten.com/
Finally... we've reached a Peek at my Week! Click above for more visual lesson plans, and click below to head to my Google Docs to view my plans!
 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8jWcDxxuDGSVVjYVNrVnh0aEE/edit?usp=sharing

This week we are wrapping up our Fairy Tale Unit with Little Red Riding Hood! I still need to finish the preview before I can post to TpT, but I promise I will have it posted today!
 
 
 
We are working with our -ee hunk and chunk


 
and our -ap Word Family! 

 
 
 Have a great week! I'll be back later with a giveaway and the Little Red Riding Hood Unit!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment