Sunday, January 12, 2014

Penguin Palooza and Lesson Plan Sunday!

This week is an exciting week in our Whoville. We are completing our very first Research Project! As part of our Penguin Palooza week, we will be researching and writing non-fiction research reports on penguins. To complete this we will use my unit, Penguin Palooza!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Penguin-Palooza-a-common-core-fiction-and-non-fiction-unit-about-penguins-1058145
 
We will be reading one of my favorite penguin books, Pierre the Penguin by Jean Marzollo!
 
http://jeanmarzollo.com/books/pierrethepenguin.html
 
Aside from the fact that Pierre is an adorable little penguin, I love that this true story promotes our study of non-fiction, as well as problem/solution. I super love this website where you can watch Pierre and his friends! A biologist answers questions during the 10:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. feeding sessions!
 
We will be reading many other non-fiction and fiction texts this week, and we are going to finish Friday with teacher PD, so I will only see my kiddos 4 days this week. We have a lot to cram in, check out my plans for this week below :)
 
 

 
 
 
 I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment