Thursday, December 12, 2013

The SIZZLE!

Part of selling the SIZZLE of learning is having FUN teaching and letting your students have FUN learning! Some of these moments of FUN don't always come in the most "standardized" educational ways... however my little Who's brought tears to my eyes during indoor recess! With the inclement weather, we try to vary the activities we do to burn some energy. We have used yoga and a few Hap Palmer songs along with other exercises. Last week I stumbled upon Just Dance for Kids videos on Youtube- BEST.THING.EVER.

 29 Kindergarteners completely engaged, totally hooked, and adorably singing "What Makes you Beautiful" by One Direction. There are tons of songs available to choose from, but my kids LOVE this one and it brings tears to my eyes when they sing and dance to the song!
 
 
Going back to our travels around the world, here are a few pictures of our La Befana bulletin board and a few up close pictures of what two of my kiddos thought La Befana looks like.
 
 You can see our poinsettias lining the bottom of the bulletin board out side of our classroom. The writing activity for La Befana is hanging underneath the picture the students drew of Befana. I stapled their brooms beside their work.

 La Befana looks like one scary-looking witch!
 

 
 
Here's an up close picture of our poinsettias from our Mexico journey on Monday.
 

 
Here is a picture of the other side of my door in the hallway. I projected an image of the world onto my white board and traced the image onto paper. I then had my kiddos color the world! You can see some of our Australia Santa Koalas we did today on the left.
 
I have to say, I was a little bit shocked when I collected some of the koalas from today. Many of them had makeup, jewelry, clothes, etc. They were very creative with their koalas. They were also a bit perplexed and excited that Christmas in Australia occurs in the summer. We listened to and sang this version of the Australian Jingle Bells today- it was hysterical!

 
I hope you have a fabulous Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment