Thursday, December 12, 2013

Holidays Around the World and a FREEBIE!

We all know that anything exciting or unusual can happen at any given time in our profession. Our little bit of excitement last Thursday came in the form of a huge CRASH in the back of the room. Thankfully, all of my Who's were at the carpet and none of them were injured.

Half of the hooks on our back wall fell down! As you can see, one of my tables is right beside the hooks. When the hooks originally fell, they fell onto the table! It was a mess. Until this is fixed (no, it's not fixed yet- but I'm hoping soon!) my kids are "setting" (throwing) their things on the floor- it's a hot mess back there!


Moving on! We continued our journey last week with Israel, Italy, Mexico and a snow day! :)
For their passports, I just use any stamp I have laying around. One of my team mates had a great idea to have the students draw a stamp that relates to the country!
 

 
I love their little drawings!
 

 
 My kids LOVED playing Dreidel!





 They were also amazing and a little bit mystified that La Befana delivers presents to the kids in Italy. They did a wonderful job making their brooms!



 

 
 After enjoying a snow day, we moved on to Mexico! They were super happy they got to play with shaving cream and food coloring to decorate their poinsettias!


Ready to make our poinsettias! (Shaving cream + red food coloring. Use a popsicle stick to swirl the food coloring around. Students take their paper and press it onto the plate. We added glitter and cut them out once they were dry.)


 

I was taking these down last week and realized I never shared my kiddos Turkey Disguises! Here are two that I really loved this year! You'd never guess there was a turkey under that lion!
 

 

And finally, if you're still reading you are a CHAMP! Here is a little freebie for you! Please remember to leave feedback, I love hearing what you all have to say! (just click the picture!)

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/If-I-were-an-elf-FREEBIE-1017681
 
Here are a few new items in the TpT shop! I just love these CVC cards, but kids think it is hilarious that Santa is a superhero! These are 50% off!
 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Super-Christmas-CVC-Words-Elkonin-Boxes-1016788

Another How-to writing activity!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/How-to-Build-a-Snowman-1016984
 
Thanks for sticking with me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment